SITI (2014)

Scene of "SITi" movie at Parangtritis Beach.

When I noticed that this film will be on the local cinema, I promised to myself that I would watch this movie. So, last Friday night, I did watch it and I was pleased. My first impression of "SITI" is this film reminded me about Akira Kurosawa's film with its beautiful still shots. It's not a pop movie in Indonesia, since the popular genres were comedy and horror. "SITI" is a drama feature film that tell us a 30-hour of Siti's life as a woman who has to find ways to take care of her son, husband and mother-in-law.

A view from Parangtritis Beach, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Some of the scenes in this film was taken at Parangtritis Beach. This photo was taken when I came to this place last year. It was a beautiful beach with a cliff around it. I have a photo that show the beach from the cliff, but let's save it for next post.

I saw that there was an analogy between her biological heart and the conscience. From the logical side, Siti was shown that she never ate, but just smoke and drank. Then from her conscience side, when she did some acts that she actually didn't want to, she felt sick at that area. "In the sea, there is just a happiness. There is no sadness," said Bagus to Siti. This statement wrapped up the film as Siti went to the sea follow the voice of her broken heart.

After watching "SITI" I learned that lady companion issue was real. It was not just a matter for this film's sake. They do not want this but life must go on. I really recommend this film for everyone who want to taste a different flavour of a well-made Indonesian film. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment