In Beginning

res·o·lu·tion
\ˌre-zə-ˈlü-shən \
(noun) the act of finding an answer or solution to a conflict, problem.

Resolution has a strong bond with new year celebration. Yes, a new year, new clothes, and back to the beginning. Just like what I am doing right now, I am writing about resolution as the hot topic in this new year.


Resolution as defined by Merriam-Webster dictionary is an act or doing something not talking about something. It is just many people said, "Easier said than done." I can freely said that, "I can fly," even if the fact is human can not fly (without airplane, helicopter, spaceship or other futuristic gadget).


In this year, I make a simple resolution with facing the things that I like which I know it is not good for my health. Are you already have those kind of things in your mind? Then, let's begin our resolution with writing about those things and divide it into 4 human needs:

1. Physical
It will be such a waste if you are still young, your life just happened but your physical health is already weakened. Did you already have your 30 minutes in everyday to do physical exercise?

2. Social
Human is social being, even if you define yourself as an introvert person, you still need other people existence in your life. Just making your working partner or your beloved one a cup of tea in a morning is not a big deal isn't it?

3. Mental
Knowledge born from curiosity. As René Descartes said, “Cogito ergo sum (I think therefore I am)," in my opinion, it is a must for us to keep using (not always) our brain. With this behavior, then age will not matter to our productivity, just like a director of Taman Safari Indonesia, he is just like a 40-year-old man. Have you add some new knowledge today?

4. Spiritual
If you read this word, you must be thinking that it will be about the Creator of the universe. Yes, that's right. But, calm down, I will not ask you about that. It is your private business between you and God. Spiritual need is not only talk about religion, but also how we see through ourselves and be grateful. Have you reflect what you have been done and plan what you will do next?


I believe that you have things in your mind to make yourself improvement, but I recommend you to write only 1 statement for each need. If your resolution become more focus and specific, then the success rate is surely high. Happy doing your resolution!

Example of resolution list.

No comments:

Post a Comment